It’s not a hidden fact that blogging can be an amazing way to get the focus of people on to your business. But when even after many efforts and hard work that doesn’t happen it can be very discouraging. In reality, blogging does take some serious hard work but in the end, the results are truly worth it. It is very important that one must learn to do it in the correct way, to get the best results.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the preparation of creating online content that can be easily found by the search engines and can be matched in accordance with the relevant queries. The main objective is to get to the highest rank in the search results so that it increases the visibility of your brand and drives traffic towards your website.
Some of the tools can help you and provide guidance through SEO mechanics, but they don’t do all the work for you. Some of the content management systems don’t allow such tools at all.
Here are a few points that will help you in writing an SEO friendly blog post regardless of whether you use a plugin or not.
Even when you start to think about writing, the first step is to do a thorough research. Once you have the topic in mind, research well and read about your topic as much as you can. This will help you to get a broader idea about the topic and will help you produce quality content. Once you produce such content, more readers are going to be attracted and eventually the search engines will showcase your link at the top. Isn’t that what we all want?
Choose Focus keyword:
The keywords are one of the most important aspects of writing a blog post. When you have a topic decided you have to pay attention to select focus keyword. If the blog post that you write is ranking for the wrong keywords, all your efforts are going waste. Make sure you choose a keyword that the target audience is going to use when they will search their queries or problems they need help with. Here are a few points to make your work simpler:
- A keyword that has three to four words and conveys the complete meaning is called a Long Tail Keyword.
- To recognize the post concept search engines prefer such keywords.
- Always be sure that the keywords are added to the optimum amount. They should not be too small, as it might make the blog post under optimized and not too big so that it becomes over optimized.
- The average keyword density must lie between 1 % and 2 %. So if your blog contains about 500 words, the keyword must be used at least 5 Don’t use it excessively as it might result in an over-optimized blog and we don’t want that. Google has also started penalizing websites that stuff posts with keywords.
- For having a good SEO blog post use Latent Semantic Indexing also known as LSI. It is going to provide you with two benefits, first a higher search engine rank post and secondly, it is going to keep the keyword density under control.
Use Internal and External links:
With the help of an additional clarification, your blog can get the benefit. Try to build internal and external links to do that. Such links are required as this is going to give your readers an additional option to further explore the topic while they keep their attention on the main topic.
- External links: These links that take towards other websites. This can help build trust on you that you have really researched your topic well and will show your dedication towards your work to provide the information even though it means sending them to another website.
- Internal links: These are the links that show a different section of your own website. This will mainly help the audience to go through further and explore more information on your website and will also increase the time a reader spends on your website.
Make sure you don’t overdo this as it can look like a scam or might even be distracting to the readers.
Of course, we all are humans and tend to make mistakes, but these little errors can become a hindrance when it comes to the prominence in the search results. Yes, you may hire an editor who can review your work and make proper corrections, but you will have to pay more for it and sometimes the option is not feasible. So with a fresh mind try to read your blog yourself, try to notice any kind of grammatical mistakes, punctuation errors, etc. Some of the popular tools can help you with this work as well and will help you find and correct additional stuff like complex sentences and voices that you might not notice.
- Format: When you are writing a blog for the virtual audience or online, always try to use short paragraphs and leave plenty of space. Make sure you add images and make headings in bold. A lot of people have the habit of scrolling through the article before they actually read them, so when you have cautiously formatted your article, it will be easier to skim and will allow the audience to quickly grasp the main information they are looking for.
- Blog Promotion: Now when you are done with creating SEO-friendly content, you have to make sure that you promote it really well. Use social media to share the link, email your subscribers to create better visibility This is going to help you expand your contacts and will eventually result in a higher ranking.
It does take a lot of time to understand and write blog posts that are SEO friendly, and it might even take longer to see the results. But learning how to optimize blog posts for the SEO is an important skill that can have a huge impact on your capacity to drive more value from your blogging hard work. Keep in mind that SEO not only applies to blog, the above tips can be also helpful while creating any other kind of SEO friendly content.